GARNIER AMBRE SOLAIRE

2015/05/25



Hey ladies. As you all probably know, summer is almost here and it is very important to keep your skin safe in the sun. I know, I know, we all want that sexy tan, glowy skin and stuff, but after ten years or even earlier we will see the results of exposed unprotected skin damage. Today I will share my thoughts about Garnier Ambre Solaire products.

Firstly let's talk about their sunscreen. It has a very high 50+ SPF factor, suitable for sensitive and light skin tone. It is waterproof, so even when you're enjoying the sea, your skin is protected. The consistency is very light, scent isn't strong or hectic. It sinks into the skin pretty fast, which is I think good, because no one has time for running in the house till the cream sinks into the skin in the summer. The tiny downside for me is that it gets a bit sticky, well not a lot, but still.It is suitable for children, I searched for the bad ingredients myself and couldn't find any.

"Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin. A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB.) "SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only. Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays." - I've added a bit of an article on how to find the best sunscreen and as you can see, to be fully protected, we need sunscreens that have UVA and UVB protection and Garnier Ambre Solaire has that.

If you are interested more into sunscreens and want to find out more, click to the link here: link


Another product I've tried, was their After sun lotion for face & skin, for sensitive, fair and sun-intolerant skin. So let's check what's what. Firstly let's talk about if the after sun lotions do anything and why need to have them. When our skin burns it dehydrates, we cannot undo the burn, but we can help out the skin to rehydrate. For this we might use after sun gels or lotions. We all probably know the pain of sunburn, so lotions that have cooling effect, would relief the pain. Also right products can even prevent skin peeling. Now let's talk about this After sun lotion by Garnier. It has no parabens, no colorants, is enriched with cold cream, that as I said relief the pain. It also has shea butter, beeswax, glycerin. It sinks a bit slower to the skin than the sunscreen, but in the other hand I am not sure if it's a bad thing as it is suposse to rehydrate the skin. It has perfume, that smells just like the Avon cream I reviewd a while ago and the other downside is that it doesn't have any aloe vera, which I would like to see in this type of lotion. But well, that's just me. It isn't greasy sticky which is great! More about ingredients, Garnier use to have other similar after sun cream, which was full of parabens, other toxic ingredients and now I couldn't find any of these in the ingredients of this lotion. 


All in all I am looking forward to using these products, because in the past I haven't used any sunscreen and thought that tan is more important, but now I am finaly opening my eyes and prioritizing my health over good looks.

No Comments

Post a Comment